Shaheen Afridi is one of the most exciting young fast bowlers in the world, and he is ready to live up to the expectations at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023.
Shaheen Afridi is a left-arm fast bowler who is well-known for his accuracy, swing, and pace. In recent times, he has demonstrated remarkable consistency as a bowler in international cricket, earning him the reputation of being one of the world’s finest fast bowlers.
Afridi made his international debut for Pakistan in 2018, and he has since gone on to play in 25 Tests, 48 ODIs, and 47 T20Is. He has taken 99 wickets in Tests, 112 wickets in ODIs, and 58 wickets in T20Is.
As one of Pakistan’s most important players, Afridi is anticipated to spearhead their bowling assault during the World Cup of Cricket. He is capable of bowling long spells at high pace, and he can also swing the ball both ways.
Afridi’s strengths and weaknesses:
- Pace: Afridi is one of the fastest bowlers in the world. He can consistently bowl at speeds of over 150 kmph.
- Swing: Afridi can swing the ball both ways, which makes him very difficult to bat against.
- Accuracy: Afridi is a very accurate bowler. He is able to hit his line and length consistently.
- Stamina: Afridi is a very fit bowler. He is able to bowl long spells at high pace without losing his rhythm.
- Bowling too many short-pitched balls, which batsmen may readily hit, is one of Afridi’s weaknesses.
- Yorkers: Afridi sometimes struggles to bowl yorkers, which can be a costly mistake at the international level.
Afridi’s role in Pakistan’s bowling attack:
Afridi is a key player in Pakistan’s bowling attack. He is expected to bowl the new ball and the last overs. Afridi is also expected to often provide breakthroughs in the middle overs.
Afridi is a big-match player, and he has performed well in pressure situations in the past. He is also a very good fielder, and he can take some spectacular catches.
Shaheen Afridi is one of the most exciting young fast bowlers in the world, and he is ready to live up to the expectations at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023. Afridi will likely take the lead in Pakistan’s bowling assault because he possesses all the abilities needed to succeed as a bowler on the international scene.
Shaheen Afridi celebrating a wicket
Expectations for Afridi at the Cricket World Cup:
I think Afridi, one of the most exciting young fast bowlers in the world, will lead Pakistan’s bowling assault in the cricket world cup. Afridi has the ability to swing the ball both ways and bowl for extended lengths of time at a fast tempo.
It is expected that Afridi will grab early wickets with the new ball and bowl brilliantly in the latter overs of the innings. Afridi can make some incredible catches and is an excellent fielder as well.
If Afridi is able to perform well at the Cricket World Cup, it will be a huge boost for Pakistan. They will be one of the favorites to win the tournament, and Afridi could be the key to their success.