Pakistan will look to extend their winning streak against Afghanistan to nine matches when the two teams meet in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 on October 28.
Pakistan have a dominant record against Afghanistan, having won all eight of their previous meetings. However, Afghanistan have been in impressive form in recent months, and they will be looking to upset Pakistan in the World Cup.
Pakistan have a strong team, with a good mix of experience and youth. Their batting lineup is led by Babar Azam, who is one of the best batsmen in the world. They also have a number of other talented batsmen, including Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, and Mohammad Rizwan.
Pakistan’s bowling attack is also very strong. They have a number of world-class bowlers, including Shaheen Afridi, Hasan Ali, and Haris Rauf.
Afghanistan have a number of talented players in their team, including Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, and Rashid Khan. Gurbaz is a destructive batsman, Zadran is a solid batsman, and Khan is a world-class spinner.
However, Afghanistan lack the experience of Pakistan, and they may struggle to handle the pressure of playing in a World Cup match.
Key players to watch:
- Babar Azam: Azam is one of the best batsmen in the world. He is a very consistent batsman, and he is capable of scoring big runs against any team.
- Shaheen Afridi: Afridi is one of the most exciting young fast bowlers in the world. He can bowl at speeds of over 150 kmph, and he can also swing the ball both ways.
- Hasan Ali: Ali is another experienced fast bowler. He is a very accurate bowler, and he is able to hit his line and length consistently.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz: Gurbaz is a destructive batsman. He is known for his big hitting, and he can take the game away from the opposition very quickly.
- Ibrahim Zadran: Zadran is a solid batsman. He is not as flashy as Gurbaz, but he is very consistent.
- Rashid Khan: Khan is a world-class spinner. He is able to turn the ball both ways, and he is very difficult to bat against.
Pakistan have a dominant record against Afghanistan, having won all eight of their previous meetings. The two teams have met once in the Cricket World Cup, in 2019, and Pakistan won that match by seven wickets.
Pakistan will be the favorites to win the match against Afghanistan. They have a more experienced team, and they have a better record against Afghanistan. However, Afghanistan are a dangerous team, and they have the potential to upset Pakistan.
The key to the match for Pakistan will be to get their batsmen off to a good start. If they can do that, they will be in a good position to win the match.
The key to the match for Afghanistan will be to take early wickets. If they can get rid of Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman early, they will have a good chance of winning the match.