England bounced back from their opening-day defeat to New Zealand to thrash Bangladesh by 137 runs in the Cricket World Cup 2023 at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium in Dharamshala on October 11, 2023. Dawid Malan hit a brilliant century and Reece Topley took a four-wicket haul to help England to a comprehensive victory.
Malan was the star of the show for England with a superb 140 from 107 balls. He batted with great composure and timing, and he was able to score runs all over the wicket.
Malan’s century was his fourth in his last nine ODI innings, and it is a testament to his form and consistency. He is one of the best batsmen in the world in limited-overs cricket, and he is a key player for England.
Dawid Malan playing a shot
Malan’s innings by the numbers
- 140 runs off 107 balls
- 5 sixes and 13 fours
- Highest ODI score
- Fourth century in last nine ODI innings
- 12th ODI century
Topley’s four-wicket haul
Topley was also outstanding for England, with four wickets for 43 runs. He bowled with great pace and accuracy, and he was able to trouble the Bangladesh batsmen.
Topley has been one of England’s most impressive bowlers in recent months, and he is starting to become a key player for the team. He is a versatile bowler who can bowl both new ball and at the death.
Reece Topley celebrating a wicket
Topley’s bowling performance by the numbers
- 4 wickets for 43 runs
- 10 overs bowled
- 2 maidens
- Economy rate of 4.30
- Best ODI bowling performance
England’s victory over Bangladesh was a much-needed one, and it puts them back on track in the Cricket World Cup. Malan’s century and Topley’s four-wicket haul were the highlights of England’s performance.
England will now face Sri Lanka in their next match on Friday. They will be looking to continue their winning momentum and put themselves in a strong position to qualify for the knockout stages of the Cricket World Cup.
- England’s victory over Bangladesh was a comprehensive one. They batted first and posted a total of 364-9, which was too much for Bangladesh to chase.
- Malan’s century was a brilliant innings. He batted with great composure and timing, and he was able to score runs all over the wicket.
- Topley’s four-wicket haul was also outstanding. He bowled with great pace and accuracy, and he was able to trouble the Bangladesh batsmen.
- England will be pleased with their performance in this match. They bounced back well from their defeat to New Zealand and put in a complete performance.