Indian opener Shubman Gill is in doubt for his country’s opening match of the 2023 Cricket World Cup against Australia after testing positive for dengue fever.
Gill is one of India’s most important players, and his absence would be a major blow to the team. He has been in excellent form in recent months, and he is a key part of India’s top order.
If Gill is unable to play in the opening match, India will likely replace him with Ishan Kishan. Kishan is a talented batsman, but he has not been in the best of form in recent months.
India will be hoping that Gill is able to recover in time for the second match of the World Cup, against England. However, if he is unable to play, India will have to find a way to cope without him.
Team news and updates
Australia are expected to field a strong team for the opening match of the World Cup. They have a number of world-class players in their team, including David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, and Pat Cummins.
Australia are the defending World Cup champions, and they will be looking to get off to a winning start in the tournament.
India are expected to field a strong team for the opening match of the World Cup, despite the absence of Shubman Gill. They have a number of world-class players in their team, including Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Jasprit Bumrah.
India are one of the favorites to win the World Cup, and they will be hoping to get off to a winning start in the tournament.
Key players to watch
- David Warner: Warner is one of the most destructive batsmen in the world, and he is a key part of Australia’s top order.
- Marnus Labuschagne: Labuschagne is the best batsman in the world, and he is a key part of Australia’s middle order.
- Pat Cummins: Cummins is the best bowler in the world, and he is a key part of Australia’s bowling attack.
- Rohit Sharma: Sharma is a vital member of India’s top order and one of the world’s most graceful batsmen.
- Virat Kohli: A vital member of India’s middle order, Kohli is one of the greatest batsmen of all time.
- Jasprit Bumrah: A crucial component of India’s bowling assault, Bumrah is among the world’s most lethal bowlers.
The opening match of the 2023 Cricket World Cup between Australia and India is expected to be a close contest. Both teams have a number of world-class players, and they will be hoping to get off to a winning start in the tournament.
The absence of Shubman Gill is a blow to India, but they still have a strong team. They will be hoping to rely on their other experienced players, such as Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Jasprit Bumrah, to help them to victory.
The first game will definitely be close and exciting, despite the difficulty of predicting who will win.